How To Plan A Christmas Away From Home
If you won't be staying home for Christmas this year, you may be experiencing mixed emotions. Part of you might be excited about things you'll see in a different town or city and part of you might be sad that you won't be surrounded by those traditional objects that you have grown to love. You also might be having apprehensive feelings about what to pack and how to relieve the pre-Christmas stress of gift shopping. Whether you'll be staying in a hotel or whether you'll be staying with friends or family, here are some things that might help you to plan for your Christmas away from home.
How To Plan Your Wardrobe - Of course, what you pack will be determined largely on how long you'll be away from home. However, no matter the duration of your trip, there are essentials to take that will help you be ready for any event.
- Think about taking a pair of black slacks or a black skirt that you can mix and match with shirts and blouses to make the outfit appropriate for either dressy or casual events.
- A basic pair of jeans will also be a good thing to pack because they are so versatile. For example, adding a comfy sweatshirt will be great for casual activities and then switching to a silky tunic, fancy heels, and elegant jewelry will have you ready to go out on the town at night.
- If you're flying and don't want to take several suitcases, consider having your a packing service ship your clothes ahead of time. You won't have the hassle of luggage on your trip and you'll have the peace of mind that your clothes will be waiting for you right at your destination.
How To Organize Your Gift Giving - If you haven't started your Christmas shopping yet, consider doing that soon so you can check that off your list of things to do.
- Will your children be traveling with you? If so, hiding gifts could become a bit of a challenge. Consider wrapping them early and having them sent to your destination. Professionals can package them for you in sturdy containers and they will make sure that they arrive in plenty of time for Christmas. In fact, you'll be given a tracking number so you can know the status of where the gifts are at any time.
- Are you giving out-of-towners fragile gifts like Christmas figurines or crystal goblets? Having them professionally packed and shipped is a great idea.
- Having packing services (such as those offered by Bekins Van Lines Inc) take care of packages for you means that your objects will be insured in case of any damage that occurs.
No matter where you stay, consider bringing a Christmas decoration from home to put right in the bedroom where you'll be staying. That will just mean that you'll have a bit of home wherever you are.